Male Hair Loss or Male Pattern Baldness is one of the most common types of hair loss that affects 50% of men by the time they reach 50. Male pattern baldness normally begins in the late twenties and most men have some visible degree of hair loss by their late thirties.
Male Pattern Balding usually starts with a receding hairline and the hair begins to thin at the temples and at the crown, which leaves a horseshoe shaped pattern of hair running around the back and sides of the head. The hair that remains is finer and does not grow as fast as it used to.
It is hereditary and is caused by over sensitive hair follicles, which is linked to the over production of a male hormone that circulates in men’s blood. These hormones cause the hair follicles to shrink and eventually they become so small that they are unable to replace hairs that have been lost. Although the follicles are still alive, they can no longer grow new hair.
Male Pattern Baldness
Hair Loss In Men
Dr Max Malik – Hair Restoration Surgeon – Elate Health
Elate Health’s Patient Promise
1. At Elate, we pride ourselves on ethical medical: we promise to always give you a detailed, honest appraisal and consultation. If a treatment is not suitable for you, we will inform you and advise you accordingly.
2. At Elate, we will always provide a psychological assessment with every treatment: we promise our priority will always be your psychological and physical wellbeing.
3. Elate will always put your needs first: we understand how important this journey is for you, we will support you at every step. Your journey does not end with your treatment plan; we will continue to help you should you need it. Follow up consultations that relate to the initial treatment will remain free of charge.
4. Elate promises to always show discretion, respect and complete confidentiality in every aspect of your experience: your journey with Elate should be positive and support focused. We will always treat you as an individual with personal needs and never as a number.
5. Elate will always use the highest quality products: we realise that the saying: ‘you get what you pay for’, particularly applies to us and therefore, we promise to ensure all our products are sourced from ethical, British pharmacies who are quality assured. We will never compromise on the quality of our products to save on expense and we guarantee that we will only ever use the very best manufacturers in the world.
6. Elate will always seek the best options for you: we aim to provide a complete service to make you feel and look the best you can be. Therefore, if one of our medical specialists feels it is appropriate, we are more than happy to refer you on to another outstanding expert.
7. Elate’s Personalised Service: at Elate, Dr Max Malik, our Medical Director, has brought together over 20 years of medical experience to create a unique system of Aesthetic Medicine, Aesthetic Dermatology and Hair Restoration Surgery. Dr Max Malik performs all advanced aesthetic procedures personally. These are delivered with a passion that is unequalled. The treatments will always be personalised to you so that we can achieve excellent results. We always aim to improve your self-confidence and so help you live your life to its fullest potential.